Monday, October 27, 2008

Florida Trip Oct. 2008

This should be the last of our Florida trip and as you can see my inexperience puts it at the first. Oh well, I'm learning. These are just a few misc. pictures depicting the fun we had with Ryan and Shayndel and their cute kids. Thanks Ryan and Shayndel for making this a most fun and memorable trip. We love you......

With all the fun things we did, this was the perfect last picture of Grandma on our trip.

Too bad these kids don't love Grandma....Yeah right!

We went to a German bakery on Saturday for fun music and great food. What a treat. Minnie and Mickey costumes for the kids. Missing is Major as Donald Duck. I went for a motorcycle ride on Ryan's hog. Shepard wanted to go with me.

Travolta has nothing on me (Wild Hogs).

There are so many things to do in Orlando, Florida. This trip we chose to go to Universal Studios. We have already planned our next trip to see Walt Disney World or at least parts of it and Daytona Beach. It's fun to plan trips to Orlando because of all the attractions. It will keep us coming back at least a couple of times a year. Of course the biggest attraction for us is seeing our son Ryan and his beautiful wife Shayndel and their adorable children, Saveyah, Shepard and Major. They are the cutest family and we just love them. We had a blast at Universal Studios.

Shayndel and Major on the carousel. Major at 7 months "liked it alot".

Group photo with Scooby Doo. The kids loved this big fuzzy dog. Pictures with Shrek! He's not such an Ogre. Picture with Princess Fiona and of course Donkey. Grandma and Grandpa entering Universal Studios.

Grandma is contemplating renting a scooter for the day. Actually would have been a good idea.
On one of our days in Florida, we went to the Kennedy Space Center. It was incredible. I can't explain how big the rockets and the motors are but they are huge. These pictures don't do them justice. As you can see I was enthralled with the space shuttle. I can't believe anything this big can fly. As they say in the movie Space Cowboy, "it looks like a flying brick" . This day was our only rainy day in Florida but we didn't mind as there were plenty of indoor exhibits and rides. We went on a space shuttle liftoff ride that made you feel like you were really going into space, complete with waitlessness, sort of. It was a fascinating day and it's always fun to see things up close and personal after you have seen them on TV.

These are the rockets and the fuel tank that propel the shuttle into space.

Back end of the shuttle. These engines are enormous. Underneath the shuttle are all these heat tiles. Who thinks of these things? Backend of the shuttle with the wing. It's bigger than it looks in the picture. Shuttle nose. Doesn't look like it could fly. These are rocket motors. They vary in size and power Saveyah and Shepard in a space capsule. Not much room in those things. I couldn't resist getting my picture taken with JFK the first President to fully understand and fund space exploration. These are some of the first rockets that propelled astronauts in space. They are bigger than they look

Here we all are at the entrance of the Kennedy Space Center.

This is our trip to Florida to see our son Ryan and his beautiful family of Shayndel, Saveyah, Shepard and our newest addition, Major Steven Smith. We had so much fun with the grandkids. We don't get to see them enough so when we do, we spoil them rotten. Sorry mom and dad. More pictures to come!!!!!

12 comments:

Sue said...

Love the pics...The kids are so dang cute..

Brittany said...

Look at you two all Technologically Advanced !!! So fun to see you in blog-land!! i don't know if you already have our addresses, but mine is sukaandbrittany.blogspot.com and i also do a football blog at reynoldsboyz.blogspot.com also lances and dallas's and all theirs are on my blog if you wanna check 'em out!! love you guys!!

Brittany said...

PS- I LOOOOOVE the photo of you two at the top of your blog!! how fun- it looks like the beginning of a tv show!

Ryan, Shayndel, & Kids said...

We had so much fun with you guys!!! It was the highlight of our year & our kids will be talking about it until the next time we see you for sure. Sure love you guys & so glad you're willing & able to travel so far just to see us.

It's a race to see who can get out the next blog post done! I'm so behind! I love that you're doing this, the kids will love seeing pictures of what you're doing on here often (even if it is just eating frozen meatloaf)!

Joe and Marci said...

I love your blog - love the title, love the top picture...
Thanks for letting us take a peek, come check ours out sometime joeandmarciheugly.blogspot.com.

leslie reynolds said...

Okay, so the kids are beautiful and you guys look happy. Did not know Biff and Shay live in Florida, did not know Corby and Gayle live in Colorado. Thought Taylor visited Colorado and don't know what the heck I thought about Jordan. So..............I live on Mars.

Lance and Becky said...

What a blast! Glad you were able to get away and enjoy yourselves! Love the nasa pictures...what a cool experience!

Ryan, Shayndel, & Kids said...

YAY!!! You did it!!! So glad you got your photos to upload to the computer & even get them posted to your blog! Awesome! You're almost ready to work for the Geek Squad now! Hope you'll keep it up! Not even one phone call for help...such a man (but impressive, I must say).

Anyway..looking at the pictures makes me sad you're gone & makes me smile at all the fun we had. Not a day has gone by that the kids haven't talked about you & asked when you'll be back.

Melanie said...

Love the pics!

I am so EXCITED that you guys have a blog now!

Love,

Melanie & Taylor

Sue said...

Thanx for the comment..I love this way of communicating..It's sooo much fun..

Your family is too darling..Who knew that being g-parents could be so rewarding..

The other day Camri grabbed my arm (she's 2)she says to me "I love you g-ma..Your so sweet"..
paleeese..How cute is that?

Rachelle said...

Hi Robbie and Ry,

I miss you guys so much. I am loving reading all of my cool family blogs. It is better than General Hospital.LOL I just love you guys so much. I hope you are going to be in town on the first week of December. I will be in town for the whole week. I am flying in on Sunday night and staying until Friday night. I am staying at the Bellagio. I am so excited. I have to see you guys at least once while I am there. Keep up the fun blogs.

Love and miss you,

Shell

leslie reynolds said...

Rob, I love your blogs. I love the pictures. I'm trying to do invites for Matt's reception and I'm hoping you can send me your kids' addresses. Hope you are doing good.